A variety of social events take place every summer at Lawrence Park Tennis Club. Some feature a round robin as part of the fun, some give us a chance to catch up and relax with fellow members over refreshments. Members can look forward to regular social activities, including some dinners at the clubhouse, in addition to fun events to be held throughout the season.
Times and dates of these events are shared on our calendar and, as they approach, through our LPTC member newsletter, “Between the Lines”.
Any questions can be directed to our Social Director at Social@LawrenceParkTennisClub.ca.
Here’s what we were up to in 2018:
Opening Celebrations, 2018 & Tennis Day in Canada—Saturday, May 5th (rain date May 6th)–weather and courts permitting–with a full day of events:
- 9 am to 12 pm–Juniors Tennis and Refreshments organized by junior committee volunteers
- 12 pm to 1 pm, 6 pm to 7 pm, 10 pm to 11 pm–Sweeping & watering of the courts–Rotating Court Maintenance
- 1 pm to 5 pm—Adult Round Robin & Lunch
Women’s Only/Men’s Only Round Robins – “Unisex” fun doubles with light refreshments from 7 pm to 9 pm on the following dates (no rain dates):
- Tuesday, June 5th 7 pm tp 9 pm — Men’s Round Robin
- Tuesday, June 12th, 7 pm tp 9 pm –Women’s Round Robin
Wednesday After Dinner “Mix & Match” RR— We began last season with a new event – Wednesday clinics with our new pro. After Dinner Doubles will continue starting June 6th through the heart of the summer (subject to interest). An opportunity to drop down to the Club on Wednesday evenings to find a doubles game.
- Starting June 6th, 7 pm to 9 pm
Brunch and Round Robin— A Popular event, we put on a special themed brunch and round robin.
- Sunday, June 26th, 12 – 4 pm
- Rain Date: To be announced
- Saturday, July 1st
Wimbledon Strawberry Social & Round Robin—Come play, watch some of the action from the All England Club on the clubhouse TV, and enjoy traditional Wimbledon fare of treats, strawberries and cream and Pimms mocktails.
- Sunday, July 15th, 1 to 4 pm
(More info to come in an upcoming BTL)
For those members who love beer tennis and pizza, join us for a fun evening!!!.
- The BEER TASTING, TENNIS AND PIZZA event planned for June has been postponed while we await city permitting.
Shrimp Fest – New This Year Details to follow
- Save the Date Saturday, July 28
Breakfast of Champions–Our popular event continued this year–on Sunday mornings for the final matches of each club championship event we enjoy some breakfast (bagels, cream cheese, coffee and tea) and watch the matches. Support your fellow members as they compete for the club championship trophies.
- Sunday, September 9th, Men’s / Women’s Singles
- Sunday, September 16th, Men’s / Women’s Doubles
- Sunday, September 23th, Mixed Doubles
All dates and times are subject to change (due to weather).
End of Season Get-Together—Kick up your heels!
Time to celebrate. It’s our end of season celebration and awards presentation on Saturday, TBA
More information to follow.
Each of these events require volunteers to make them a success. We are looking for members who are willing to help in a variety of capacities, helping to set up for an event and/or clean up afterward.
If you are willing to help out with one or more of our social events, please email Social@LawrenceParkTennisClub.ca.