OPENING AND CLOSING PROCEDURES
LPTC does not have a full-time monitor, so there may be times when members have to open or close the clubhouse and courts. It is up to each member to ensure our courts and clubhouse are safely locked up and secure. Lock-up procedures are posted in the Clubhouse [where?]. For more details about Opening and closing procedures, see the Members Section.
Our club consists of three clay courts tucked in the park beside Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens which are open to members and their guests from 8am to 11pm (except at such times as there are formal programs using the courts). Our clubhouse has a common reception area, a kitchen and change rooms with lockers (locks not provided) and washrooms for men and women.
Access to the courts and clubhouse is locked unless there are members present.
Security: Opening and Closing the Club Facilities
Lawrence Park Tennis Club does not have a full-time monitor, so there may be times when members have to open or close the entrance gate, clubhouse and courts. It is up to each member to ensure our courts and clubhouse are safely locked up and secure. Lock-up procedures are posted in the Clubhouse [where?].
If You’re the First One to Arrive….
If the entrance gate is locked when you arrive, use the combination lock on the gate [combination is abcd] to open it and leave the lock hanging on the gate door. Then do the following:
- From the small grey box to the right of the clubhouse door, unlock the box (same combination as the gate) and remove the keys inside which are all marked and:
- Unlock the club house door
- Unlock the court doors leaving the padlocks on their chains hanging on the door
- Replace the keys in the gray box—these keys must be available at all times
If You’re the Last to Leave…
To avoid theft and vandalism, we ask all members to take responsibility if you are the last one at the club to:
- Turn off all the clubhouse lights, fan and TV
- Lower the window blinds
- Ensure all three courts are locked using the padlocks hanging on the fence behind each court
- Using the keys found in the little gray box to the right of the clubhouse door, lock the clubhouse door and shed, and return the keys to the box and lock it using the combination lock
- On the entrance gate, close the combination lock, making sure it’s secure and spin the numbers so our combination is not evident