It is the energy, enthusiasm and generosity of our volunteers that make our Club the gem it is. Many, many thanks to all who contribute each season. The fun we have on and off the courts would not be possible without you! We hope you all, as part of your hard work, have a good time and enjoy some laughs and build some friendships and good memories along the way.
We are always looking for volunteers… here are some ideas and the person to contact should you be able to donate a few hours.
Many thanks to all those who pitch in to make our Club, clubhouse and courts into such a wonderful spot to play our favourite sport and enjoy each others company. Special mention for 2020:
- Early Birds: Gwen Sutherland and Carole Ambrose your Early Bird followers are very grateful!
- Our Men’s and Women’s Round Robins: Thanks to Mark Rintoul on the courts with the assistance of our Head Pro, and Social Director for organising the refreshments.
- Wednesday After Dinner Doubles: Henry Joseph once again took charge of leading this programme and helped facilitate some great drop in play on Wednesday evenings. Huge thanks Henry for all you did to set up fun matches on the courts!
- House League: A special thank you to the Captains for all the hard work that they put in through the whole summer, making sure team members get to play, avoiding a dreaded default and putting together compatible line ups. A special thank you to our scribe, Harvey Gold, for keeping tabs on all the scores and to Mark Rintoul for keeping it all running smoothly.
- Our InterClub Team Captains: Our team members enjoyed many a fun match because of the organization and effort put in by our team captains.
- ShrimpFest Extravaganza: Once again our South African members pulled off an amazing meal and party. Thank you to the very brave Wulffharts (Benjie and Marion), delicious!
- Beer and Pizza Party: Our super fun team ladies rocked it! Huge thanks to Deborah Hoffnung, Nancy Thompson, Nancy Eisenhauer and Fiona Miller for launching our inaugural licensed event! So fun.
- Club Championships: To Alastair Millar of The Supreme Courts for preparing our draws, to Stephen Zaitzov for extra time spent preparing our courts and providing balls, to our chair umpires for the finals including Frank Nagy and John Mowat, and to Mark Rintoul our Tournament Chair.
- Year end Party: Thanks to everyone who helped make this a success.
- Court Close Down: To the hearty volunteers who came out to help huge thanks!
- Our Photographer: A big huge special thanks to Frank Nagy for the spectacular photos taken throughout the season. He magically made us all look good!
And in 2020:
- Whipping the Clubhouse into shape for the start of the season: It looks great because of the behind-the-scenes efforts managed by Anna Caton, with help from Anita Strauss, Dennis Ing, Janet Blair, Cecelia Thng, Margot Willoughby.
- Preparing the courts / lines / nets / leaves / eaves for the season: Huge thanks to all overseen and ably orchestrated by Nancy Eisenhauer.
- Orchestrating Early Birds: Gwen Sutherland, your Early Bird followers are very grateful!
- Putting on the parties: our Social Director brings Club members together with wonderful events with the help of many members…
- Tennis Day in Canada / Opening Celebration:
- Middle Eastern Brunch and Round Robin:
- Strawberry Social: Thank you to those who contributed some very tasty treats.
- End of Season Celebration: The party could not have been such a rip-roaring success without the planning skills of Nancy Eisenhauser and Thompson. A terrific group of members pitched in to help. Thank You
- Steering our Round Robins: Thanks to Cecelia Thng on the courts with the assistance of our Head Pro, Taylor Hawthorne and to Anita Strauss for organising the refreshments.
- Overseeing Early Birds: We thank those who managed the cards (more or less) and kept everything moving smoothly: Gwen Sutherland, assisted by Marion Wulffhart, Carole Ambrose, Zilla Soriano, Henry Joseph and Sandi Seligman. And a special thanks to all the Early Birds who helped sweep courts after their play time – the courts looked so great this year.
- Coordinating our Wednesday After Dinner Doubles: Henry Joseph stepped into the role of ADD coordinator this year and helped facilitate some great drop in play on Wednesday evenings. Huge thanks Henry for all you did to set up fun matches on the courts!
- Organizing House League: A special thank you to the Captains – for all the hard work that they put in through the whole summer, making sure team members get to play, avoiding a dreaded default and putting together compatible line ups. A special thank you to our scribe, Harvey Gold, for keeping tabs on all the scores and to Cecelia Thng for keeping it all running smoothly.
- Launching our online court booking system: This took a relay team to get done – starting with great advice from member, Andre Velloso, researched by David Douglas, Deb Hoffnung, Tony Ercolani and Margot Willoughby, tested by Molly Greenwood, Aurelia Zvan and Shelley Alton and set up by Karen Brown, with help from Dennis Ing.
- Capturing the moments: A big huge special thanks to Frank Nagy for the spectacular photos taken throughout the season. He magically made us all look good!
We are sure we have missed some names of members who work tirelessly behind the scenes… apologies for any omissions and thank you to everyone!