Adult / Intermediate Members:
Our Club Championships takes place during the month of September each year. Playoffs span three weekends of hard fought matches with spectators cheering for those great shots! For extra incentive to come out and encourage our players, a “Breakfast of Champions” is provided on the last Sunday to make the FINAL final day even more special.
For 2018, the Club Championships will take place on the following weeks (tentative – subject to weather). The draw is posted in the Clubhouse or members can log in to the membership system and click on ‘Courts and Events’ and then view the Bulletin Board for the draw information:
- Men’s and Women’s Singles: September 4th – 9th / deadline to register Wednesday, August 29th
- Men’s and Women’s Doubles: September 12th to 16th / deadline to register Wednesday, September 5th
- Mixed Doubles: September 19th to 23rd / deadline to register Wednesday, September 12th
Please Click Here to Register – For Lawrence Park Members Only
Any questions? Contact our Games Director at Games@LawrenceParkTennisClub.ca.
Congratulations to all our 2017 winners and finalists:
- Men’s Singles A: Winner – Alan Millar; Finalist- Jeff Silverstein
- Ladies’ Singles B: Winner – Alyson Arbus; Finalist – Nancy Eisenhauer
- Men’s Singles B: Winner – Gerhard Weiss; Finalist – Joel Shore
- Men’s Doubles A: Winner – Mark Girdler/Lino Cancellaro; Finalists – Alan Millar/Allan Care
- Ladies’ Doubles B: Winner – Aurelia Zvan/Fiona Miller; Finalists – Alyson Arbus/Hanna MacDonald
- Men’s Doubles B: Winners – Joel Shore/Cal Reaume; Finalists – Matthias Kipping/Farzad Alvi
- Ladies’ Doubles C: Winners – Nancy Thompson/Stephanie Myers; Finalists – Gwyneth Buck/Gwen Sutherland
- Mixed Doubles A: Winners – Pat Sinclair/Mark Girdler; Finalists – Andreea Dragulescu/Rosti Brankovsky
- Mixed Doubles B: Winners – Lisa McLean/Don McLean; Finalists – Margot Willoughby/Fred Yagi
- Mixed Doubles C: Winners – Eleanor Barker/Joe Kopu; Finalists – Vandana Patel/Peter Dean
Our junior members also have the opportunity to participate in a junior Club Championship run on Saturdays in late September / early October.
The goal is to put all those skills developed through the season to good use with lots of fun matches.
This event is run by our Pros in conjunction with our Junior Program Advisory Committee and enthusiastic parent volunteers. For more information and to help out, parents are asked to e-mail our Junior Program Director at JuniorPrograms@LawrenceParkTennisClub.ca.