* To register, please submit the form at the bottom of this page.*
Members should hone their games and pick a partner in preparation for September, our traditional “Club Championship Month”. Adult and Intermediate members are eligible to enter – see details and sign-up form below.
We are offering the following Categories and Levels within the categories of competition for the 2020 Club Championships (subject to participation):
Men’s Singles A, B
Ladies Singles A, B
Men’s Doubles A, B
Ladies Doubles A, B
Mixed Doubles A, B
(For C Level see Consolation below)
A Consolation draw will be held in the B Level only…but only when there are 8 or more players (or teams for doubles) registered in the main draw. When this is the case, anyone who loses in their first match will be eligible for the consolation (double elimination).
Players who feel they should play in a C Level should register as “B”. The winner in any B Consolation will be declared the C Level Champion.
If you are not sure of your level, please ask our Tennis Pro to help you decide.
- Sign-up sheets can be done online only using the form below.
- Indicate all the events you would like to participate in but please note: members may enter only one level (i.e. A or B) in each category (Category = Mixed, Men’s or Ladies’ doubles and Singles).
- You may enter more than one category (i.e. can play in Mixed and Ladies’ or Men’s doubles and Singles).
If you would like to play in a doubles event and do not have a partner, put your name down, indicate you’re looking, and we’ll help find you one.
Deadlines & Draw Schedule
All key dates and deadlines are listed in the schedule below. Please ensure you (and your partner for doubles’ events) are both available during the week of your category.
*Note: Finals may have to be rescheduled weather permitting.
Championship “Dos and Don’ts”
Members can elect to play whichever category they would like, if unsure, our Tennis Professionals can give you sound advice.
- You can play at your own level or a higher level, but not a lower level.
- If you won the singles or doubles tournament the previous year at the B level, then you must sign up for the A level this year.
- A doubles pair must enter at the level of the stronger of the pair (ie. if a “B” player is paired with an A player, then can only enter a draw at the “A” level)
- Substitutions only prior to the first round draw
- Seeding will be used on last years tournament results
- Entries close on the Wednesday prior to the week scheduled for each event,
- Singles closes on Wednesday Sept 2 @ 8 pm
- Doubles closes on Wednesday Sept 9 @ 8 pm
- Mixed Doubles closes on Wednesday Sept 16 @ 8 pm
- Draws will be completed and posted in the members area Events section on Saturday
• Singles posted September 5th
• Doubles posted September 12th;
• Mixed Doubles posted September 19th.
It is the responsibility of the players to find out their schedule of play. All finals will be scheduled to play on Sunday at tournaments end
- Warm up: 10 minutes
- Match Format: All first round matches will be “Pro sets A Pro set is won by the first team to win 8 games by a margin of two games (instead of the usual first to 6 games). At 8 games all, a tie breaker is played where winner is first to 7 points by a margin of 2 points.
- In the main draw, second round and beyond matches are 2 of 3 sets. Super tie break to 10 points, by a margin of 2 points.
- All Consolation matches, with the exception of the final, are pro sets. Final is 2 of 3 sets
The Scores: Winners please send results to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Code of Conduct
Please be respectful towards your fellow players. Players exhibiting conduct considered to be unsportsmanlike will be removed from the tournament.
Championship Registration Form: