* To register, please submit the form at the bottom of this page.*
Members should hone their games and pick a partner in preparation for September, our traditional “Club Championship Month.” Adult and Intermediate members are all eligible to enter, see details and sign-up form below.
We are offering the following categories of competition for the 2017 Club Championships (subject to participation):
- Men’s Singles
- Ladies’ Singles
- Men’s Doubles
- Ladies’ Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
Within each of these categories are three levels of play – A, B, and C. If you are not sure of your category, please ask the Tennis Pro to help you decide.
- Sign-up sheets will be located in the clubhouse starting Friday, August 11, or can be done online using the form below.
- Indicate all the events you would like to participate in but please note: members may enter only one level (i.e. A, B, OR C) in each category (Category = Mixed, Men’s or Ladies’ doubles and Singles).
- You may enter more than one category (i.e. can play in Mixed and Ladies’ or Men’s doubles and Singles).
If you would like to play in a doubles event and do not have a partner, put your name down, indicate you’re looking, and we’ll help find you one.
Deadlines & Draw Schedule
All key dates and deadlines are listed in the schedule below. Please ensure you (& your partner for doubles’ events) are both available during the week of your category.
Draws & Availability
The draws with match times and dates will be posted by the Games Chair in the clubhouse. It is each player’s responsibility to find out when his/her matches are taking place. Participants MUST be able to play on the final Sunday designated for their event. Generally all matches except the finals will be played weekday evenings and, if required, some Saturdays.
Please check out the Championship Dos and Don’ts below for more details. If you have any questions and/or you would like to volunteer to help with the Championships, please contact The Games Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Tennis Professional (ProTaylor@lawrenceparktennisclub.ca). We hope to see lots of competitors out there on the courts. Remember, bragging rights are involved.
Championship Dos and Don’ts
Members can elect to play whichever category they would like, if unsure, there is always our Club Pro who will give you sound advise
- You can play at your own level or a higher level, but not a lower level.
- If you won the singles or doubles tournament the previous year at one level, then you must sign up for the next higher level this year.
- A doubles pair must enter at the level of the stronger of the pair (ie. if a “B” player is paired with an A player, then can only enter a draw at the “A” level)
• Entries close on the Wednesday prior to the week scheduled for each event (see Schedule above).
• Draws will be completed and posted in the clubhouse on Friday the week prior to the match as follows:
• Singles posted Friday Sept. 1st;
• Doubles posted Friday Sept. 6 th;
• Mixed Doubles posted Friday Sept 15 th.
It is the responsibility of the players to find out their schedule of play. They will not be called. All finals will be played on Sundays as shown in the schedule above.
Warm up: 10 minutes
Match Format: All first round matches will be played Pro Sets to 8 games. All second round and later matches will be played the best of three sets. All back draw matches will be played Pro Sets to 8 games. Each match will start as soon as a court is available, so players must be ready to go on.
Rescheduling of Matches:
- If there is a rain delay of more than 1 hour, the Tennis Pro will re-schedule the match and notify all players involved.
- In the event that unforeseen circumstances that require players to re-schedule a match, they must notify the Tennis Pro at least 24 hours in advance of that match. It is the Tennis Pro’s discretion regarding when and if a match may be re-scheduled, taking into account the impact the delay in playing will have on the continuity and timely conclusion of the tournament. Matches may be played in the day if all participants are in agreement.
• Substitutions: only prior to the 1st round of a match.
• Umpires: in the finals.
Code of Conduct:
Please be respectful towards your fellow players. Players exhibiting conduct considered to be unsportmanlike will be removed from the tournament.
Championship Registration Form: