The all-white dress code at Lawrence Park Tennis Club is a long-standing and continuing tradition. We request that members and guests follow these guidelines:
- All tennis shirts, shorts, skirts and dresses must be all-white with up to a maximum 10% colour trim (including hats/visors).
- Non-tennis wear (such as cut-offs, jogging shorts, street clothes, etc.), even if white, is not considered appropriate attire. Shirts with large writing, advertising or pictures are not acceptable, even if predominantly white.
- Non-white tennis warm-up suits, sweaters and jackets are acceptable although it is preferable that it be white in colour if you plan to continue playing in your warm-up attire. Tennis attire under warm-up suits must be all-white.
- Non marking proper clay court tennis shoes must be worn to preserve the court surface.
- Those in violation of the dress code will be asked to change into appropriate white attire or leave the court.
Member and guest understanding and cooperation is appreciated in helping to carry out the spirit and tradition of the dress code.
Guest Rules and Fees:
- Our courts and clubhouse are not open to members of the public, however, members may bring guests to play during appropriate court hours.
- Guests may visit the club up to five times per year.
- A fee of $5, payable by the member or guest, must be placed in the provided envelopes and deposited in the Guest Fee lock box in the clubhouse. Please write both the guest and host names on the envelope.
- The member is responsible for looking after his or her guest while the guest is at the club, including ensuring that the ‘Guest’ tag follows the member’s tag on the tag board if playing in rotation so that the guest is not required to make up a court.
- Guests have the same playing privileges and obligations at members and must respect the club Code of Conduct and dress code.
Our club consists of three clay courts tucked in the park beside Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens which are open to members and their guests from 7 am – 11 pm (except at such times as there are formal programs using the courts) during our outdoor playing season (typically May through October). Our clubhouse has a common reception area, a kitchen and change rooms with lockers (locks not provided) and washrooms for men and women.
Access to the courts and clubhouse is locked unless there are members present.
There is a parking lot at the end of Alexander Muir Road (east of the tennis courts and lawn bowling greens). Parking is also permitted on Yonge Street and Dawlish Avenue (the street running north of the Club) subject to City time restrictions.
The City prohibits parking on Alexander Muir Road in front of the tennis courts or lawn bowling greens. This road is considered a fire lane and cars parked in this area may receive heavy fines.